There is a scripture in the Bible that states,
“Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.”
—Proverbs 29:18 [KJV]
I have learned that having vision is vital for one’s journey. If you don’t know where you are going in life, or what you are aiming towards in life, then what are you doing? I remember in my early twenties, I had no vision at all for my life. I knew I wanted the same things that many people want out of life, but I did not have a vision of what I wanted for my life. Because of this I was lost, without any direction, until life began to teach me some lessons along the way.
When I did start having a vision for my life- in my mid twenties, I began to work towards the goals set in that vision. However, the biggest problem with the vision I had for my life was that God was not a part of it. Because God was not a part of the vision that I set for my life, I begin to see how I was working ten times harder on some of the most simple tasks, which eventually led me to just working in circles and not really getting anything done.
This past year, I finally allowed God to be a part of my vision for 2018. I made my first intentional vision board for 2018 (see below), and added a scripture- Philippians 4:13- to remind myself every day to keep striding towards the vision that God had given me for that year, and to remember to allow Him to be a major part of my journey.
My 2018 vision board is a testimony within itself! Everything that I put on my vision board for 2018, I accomplished, in some form or fashion! I didn’t save a ton of money, but I became a better steward with my money. I did not get a new job, but rather I received a promotion at my job, which I love! I didn’t travel as much as I wanted, but I did get to see Houston, TX! I officially finished school- which I will share that testimony in a later post! I didn’t get my own place, but I did move to a better apartment than I was in before #ThankYouJesus. I did fall in love, with someone who has loved me even before I was born, Jesus Christ! I also stopped smoking cigarettes in May of 2018, and that was one of my biggest battles that I was able to overcome with God’s help (I will also detail that testimony in a later post). I also saw a little improvement in my time management skills- now I’m just 5-10 minutes late, rather than 10-15 minutes late 😂. I also began taking baby steps in the right direction of blogging and started putting together #THEQUEENPROJECT (which is why I chose the picture of the baby sitting in front of the computer, on the lower lefthand corner). Above all of this, last year was the first year where I stayed #planted in God and His word, in a very intentional way.
Prior to making this vision board, I sat down with my journal and wrote a list of my goals I wanted to accomplish in 2018. I also wrote about my theme for last year #planted– which is why I used the greenery, to remind myself to stay with God in this journey. Writing everything down, and spending intentional time praying about the up and coming year, allowed me and my plans to take more of a back seat, and allowed God to show me His vision and His plan for my life in 2018! Through Christ, who gave me his strength, I accomplished the vision with victory!
Last year was an amazing year for me- with highs and lows, victories won, and the greatest transformation took place in my heart! I fully believe one reason for that, aside from God’s grace, was that I started the year with a vision board that I looked at every single day of 2018! So, of course I had to do another vision board for 2019!
[If the video does not work, please click here to check out how I made my 2019 Vision Board! YouTube is working to fix this problem 🙃.]
I am very excited for my 2019 vision board, and for the new year! I didn’t have as much of a cohesive aesthetic with creating this vision board, in comparison to my 2018 vision board. However, I used more pictures to symbolize what I want to accomplish this year!
GOALS FOR 2019!
- Keep growing in my #REALationship with Jesus Christ! I know that I can not do anything without him, and I am loving how our relationship grows deeper everyday. I also want to continue allowing God to lead me in the right direction (the road and the street sign represent this), and I have to remember to “PRAY MORE, WORRY LESS”!
- I hope to blossom and bloom this year in all areas of my life! I chose the flowers and greenery to represent this, and to encourage me to continue growing, no matter what the circumstances are [you can read more about my theme for this year, “Blossom & Bloom”, by clicking here].
- I believe in the work that God is doing through me with The Queen Project, and I want to continue working on this project in full obedience. It’s not easy being vulnerable, and allowing the world wide web into my life, especially on such a personal level. However, if someone can see how amazing God is through this project, then the goal is accomplished! I have a lot of cool things planned too, and you do not want to miss any of it! So, be sure to keep #TQP as one of your favorites [also, follow #TQP on Instagram and Twitter to know when a new post is up! You can also subscribe to #TQP YouTube channel]! I used the camera and the film canister to remind myself to document all the cool things that I want to share with you all, and to also remember to enjoy the journey and to create memories throughout the year!
- I added the music notes because I love to sing! God has blessed me with the gift of singing, and this year I want to be more intentional with my gift and use it!
- I added the notebook and the pen and pencil to encourage myself to keep writing! There are so many benefits to keeping a journal, that you can read more about here!
- “Motherhood Takes a Village”. Sometimes I have a hard time asking for help because I don’t want to be a burden to someone else. However, I want to do better with asking for help, especially when it comes to raising my daughter. I can not do everything on my own, and that doesn’t make me any less of a good mother. I am also extremely grateful for the village that I do have, who I can turn to at any time!
- In 2019 I want to #READMOREBOOKS! With so much technology always on, I do not want to loose interest in reading! Plus, I have a list of books that I have been anticipating to read and I can not wait!
- I added another watch to this year’s vision board because I want to continue working on my time management, especially because I do have a lot on my plate! So instead of being 5-10 minutes late, I want to be on time! [Next year we’ll start getting to places early 🙃!]
- I would love to travel more this year! I have a lot of family that live out of state, and I would love to visit them! I would also love to go to a beach this year- I have never been to a beach, and it’s been on my bucket list for a while.
- I work in an after school program for elementary students, and I absolutely love it! I never thought about working with children until this job found me! Now I plan to pursue teaching, and this year I want to walk in faith and begin the process of getting my teaching certification.
- I want to actually save this year, and continue being a good steward with my money! God has blessed me so much, and I want to continue giving back to Him!
- I also want to take better care of myself, which includes implanting healthier lifestyle choices into my everyday routine. I definitely have the goal to loose weight, and get to my goal size, but I more importantly want to make a lifestyle out of working out and eating more quinoa and vegetables! I am excited for this journey and this physical transformation that is taking place. [Be sure to check back sooner than later for a post about my “Workout Project”]!
I am incredibly excited for this year! I pray that you are too, and that you are inspired to create your own vision board for 2019! I also pray that you allow God to be a major part of the vision for 2019, allow Him to amazing things in your life!